Why to Travel

Min Liu By Min Liu, 2nd Apr 2014 | Follow this author | RSS Feed
Posted in Wikinut>Travel>Other

What are your reasons to travel? Are they the same ones as mine?

Reasons to Travel

As the winter ice melts away and the Easter bunny steps in, our mother-nature starts offering more amiable temperature for all sorts of outdoor activities. Travelling is one thing you can’t miss. Becoming active to leave your comfortable home and venture the world should really top your to-do list in spring. Why? Here come the reasons that, I think, matter.

To see things--- There are so many man-made wonders out there, which enriches our knowledge and of which we would feel amazed. From the pyramid in Egypt to the Great Wall in China, man’s cultural heritage extends to the point beyond just impressive image. We also learn history of our ancestors by visiting well-known sites and having personal experience of it.

To challenge ourselves---While on-the-go, we have to overcome many problems from time to time, like how to reach to the next destination, and where to find a suitable place to rest. In doing so, we are dealing with the question of how to do, instead of whether to. We learn skills to become a real problem solver, in whom we need to find ourselves in life.

To be surprised---Bonded with happiness from a psychological perspective, excitement and surprises are much needed as food and water in our life. Travelling opens the door of possibility to surprise us. Also, the experience of a new culture and new food we perceive in another place can inspire us to stride into new ideas at times. We often say we must think outside the box to succeed, and travelling may be the tool to reach that box!

In fact, people travel for various reasons, a getaway from a broken heart, a grand celebration, and simply an attempt to taste some romance, etc. No matter what your reasons are, I applaud for your decision of going out there to find traveling experience elsewhere, a lesson we can learn from the exotic chapter of book of life!

Tags

Travel, Travel Desination, Travelling

Meet the author

author avatar Min Liu
Native Chinese, a translator, teacher/freelancer, Liu Min has a passion in writing and life in general. She is providing you Mandarin Chinese tutoring service.

Share this page

moderator Steve Kinsman moderated this page.
If you have any complaints about this content, please let us know

Comments

author avatar Fern Mc Costigan
2nd Apr 2014 (#)

Why not Min Lu,books give you 40% of your knowledge, travel gives you the remaining 60%, at the end its fun!

Reply to this comment

author avatar Min Liu
2nd Apr 2014 (#)

That sounds interesting! Thanks for the advice! :)

Reply to this comment

Add a comment
Username
Can't login?
Password